[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: BUG: AC3 encode volume is low

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Sat Apr 8 18:13:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

Justin Ruggles wrote:
>>i dont think this is true
>>
>>and as the patch is based on apparently wrong assumtations its rejected
>>
>>[...]
>>

> Okay.  You're right again :)  I didn't notice before that CMUL can
> result in +/-65532. Hmm. Now I am stumped. The MDCT test function shows
> that the fixed-point MDCT implementation matches the spec with very
> little error. I'll delve a bit deeper to see if this is really a bug. It
> sure would be nice to have a reference encoder for these type things.

May be just have a original audio sample. Then encode it and decode it
(not necessary with ffmpeg decoder) and compute the error between the
original and the decoded one (using Benjamin rms calculator, ...)

Matthieu