[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: BUG: AC3 encode volume is low

Benjamin Larsson banan
Mon Apr 10 05:35:22 CEST 2006

Justin Ruggles wrote:

> [...]
>>>the output coefficients should have a range of -32767 to 32767.  Thus,

Is the window generating code under LGPL?, it could be useful for the
AAC decoder and it could be used to generate the window instead of the
precalculated one.

The mdct results seams to be valid and after reading "8.2.7 Extract
exponents" in the a52 docs it seams that the proposed patch could be
used but I'm unsure if it is correct. But if it fixes the volume problem
I'd say apply it.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

--
"incorrect information" is an oxymoron. Information is, by definition, factual, correct.