[Ffmpeg-devel] When is planned to add ogg Theora output in ffmpeg?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Apr 15 14:36:29 CEST 2006

Hi

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 11:00:07PM -0400, jkoleszar at on2.com wrote:

> >> Nonsense. There are plenty of "very VERY bad" companies out there, and
> >> On2 isn't one of them.
> >
> > Then please tell us what you call a company that threatens free software
> > developers when they implement their proprietary formats and has their
> > lawyers send out nastygrams to me for putting libvp62 in my homedir?
> >
> > I'm very curious to hear your position on this...
> >

> We don't believe that any free software developer implemented our
> proprietary format. We believe that a free software developer published
> our implementation of our proprietary format. As a public company, we need

thats a strong accusation, why dont you show _some_ proof of its validity
if it where true its a matter of showing a page or 2 of your code for
the public to compare, maybe you are speaking the truth maybe not

[...]
> been a call for us to prove that the code is ours and that we're not just
> upset that someone cracked the nut so to speak. We're evaluating the best
> way to do that. But I also think that the person who published this, if it
> were in fact legit, would share an equal or even greater burden to prove
> that this is a legitimate implementation. Where are his notes? The code
> doesn't even have comments. (save {return; //RETURN!!!!}) Does it not

that is a lie, for example i found the following comments in the code from
SF
if (blockCopyFiltering)     { // NOTE: always seen as true

than again iam not trying to defend code whos origin i dont know for certain
but i somehow doubt its a 1:1 copy of your code

Michael