[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG2 seeking broken

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Apr 20 13:01:38 CEST 2006

Hi

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:37:17PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 11:28 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 08:12:27AM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > I guess it's up to the MPEG2 maintainer to fix that bug the FFMPEG way then.
> >
> > first you post a bugreport related to your code which is not reproducable
> > in ffmpeg and ffplay
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/29795
>
> All the rest of the email is based on the false assumption that I never
> submitted a bug report and here is the proof I did. Your memory is very
> selective.

its not, i did re-read the thread before replying

the message you refer to above does say at the very top that its not
reproduceable with ffplay, which makes it everything but a bugreport
relevent to ffmpeg/ffplay
also theres IIRC no applyable patch with the modifications
needed to cause the crash you speak about

and again bug(report) or not iam not obliged to apply your patch and neither
am i obliged to fix it myself in the case that i choose not to accept your
patch though i do feel obliged to keep trolls from wasting our time ...

Michael