[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG2 seeking broken

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Apr 20 14:40:16 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 01:44:06PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >the message you refer to above does say at the very top that its not
> >reproduceable with ffplay, which makes it everything but a bugreport
> >relevent to ffmpeg/ffplay
>
> Quoting parts of a message without the context and following text is
> usually what trolls do. So I'll quote what you should have read:

Oh heck, can't you all stop that useless discussion? Yes, there is a
bug. No, the fact that you can modify ffplay in a way that it crashes it
not the bug. You can modify any programs so that it crashes.
No, you patch is not good, since it is only hack that hides the real issue.
Which is that current_picture_ptr should never be NULL in that place.
AFAICT that it is NULL means MPV_frame_start (called by
mpeg_field_start) is never called.
So it looks to me like in mpeg12.c, line 3135, s2->first_slice is 0
although it should be 1.
Hope this motivates someone to do some productive work instead and find
the real bug.
And sorry for the rant.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger