[Ffmpeg-devel] -ss having trouble with VOB file: bug?

Erik Slagter erik
Thu Apr 20 15:38:14 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 07:44 +0000, Rodrigo Severo wrote:
> > Looks like a damaged input file (or less probable: a libavcodec bug).
>
> Yeah I believe there is something strange with the input file but as
> transcode has no problem seeking inside this same file, I thought I
> should report it.

Transcode and seeking? I guess you mean encoding from a certain offset,
ok.

IIRC transcode uses libmpeg2 to decode mpeg2 while ffmpeg uses
libavcodec. The latter might be more strict in it's decoding.

Sometimes simply de-muxing and remuxing helps, if the damage is in the
container.