[Ffmpeg-devel] DVR-MS bug (MP2 decoding)

John Donaghy johnfdonaghy
Thu Apr 20 17:33:11 CEST 2006

> A user sent us a DVR-MS file (ASF with MPEG-2 and MP2) that doesn't
> decode correctly in FFMPEG.

I'll have a look at this when I get a chance since I'd like to get
audio working in all dvr-ms files. When I played it with "mplayer
-demuxer 35" it didnt crash but I only saw part of the picture... it's
HD which I havent seen before. Perhaps the audio codec used in HD
dvr-ms isnt supported in ffmpeg - I dont know.

I got this output from mplayer:

Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3

Too many video packets in the buffer: (125 in 8396376 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Requested audio codec family [ffmp2] (afm=ffmpeg) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested audio codec family [mad] (afm=libmad) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Opening audio decoder: [hwmpa] MPEG audio pass-through (fake decoder)

Too many video packets in the buffer: (125 in 8396376 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
Cannot sync MPA frame: 0
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x50.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!