[Ffmpeg-devel] -ss having trouble with VOB file: bug?

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo
Thu Apr 20 20:37:10 CEST 2006

On 4/20/06, M?ns Rullg?rd <mru at inprovide.com> wrote:
> Rodrigo Severo said:
> >
> > It can be but both xine and mplayer can play this same VOB file.
> > Neither of them use libavcodec?
> >
> > BTW, I can send a piece of the VOB file if there is someone interested.
>
> A sample could certainly be useful.  Please upload one.

The sample is at ftp.mplayerhq.hu:/MPlayer/incoming/ffmpeg_ss_option.
It's called no-ss_sample.vob. I couldn't upload a description because
I'm getting the following error: put: Access failed: 553 Could not
create file. (no-ss_sample.txt)

BTW, the correct information is: transcode can encode from a defined
frame and mplayer can play the sample. xine has problems playing it:
the images freezes and jumps forward several times.

Rodrigo Severo