[Ffmpeg-devel] dvr-ms seek help request

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme
Thu Apr 20 21:03:04 CEST 2006

John Donaghy wrote:
>> Sorry for taking so much time to try this patch. But I can confirm it
>> works much better than the current code in CVS. I applied it for the
>> next version of DrFFMPEG. As well as the other ASF patch submitted recently.
>
> Glad it worked out for you. I'll probably try to submit this patch
> after I have another crack at making it always find a key frame after
> a seek. The problem seems to be that the key bit is always set in
> every packet segment in a dvr-ms file, hence the demuxer marks every
> frame as a key frame.
>
> Are you seeing that it usually doesnt seek to a key frame? Also, do
> you know what happens to wmv seeking with this patch?

Yes it seeks everywhere (anywhere) not only on keyframes. But our code
rely on the keyframe info set by the codec not the container, so it's
not really a problem. It's only a problem for WMV where we use the DMO
instead of the FFMPEG code, and there's no way to know if the decoded
buffer is a keyframe :(

Steve