[Ffmpeg-devel] [OT] literary hideosities

Colin Ward lists
Fri Apr 21 04:37:17 CEST 2006

Christian Iversen wrote:
>>> "Hackers" was much, much worse than wargames. They actually got many
>>> things right in that movie, completely unlike "Hackers" :)
>> 	"Hackers", like "Sneakers" a few years before it, were actually fairly
>> accurate as long as the characters sat around and talked about technical
>> stuff (because the film people hired the right tech advisors for these
>> films). However, as soon as they needed to actually show anything
>> technical on screen, that's when Hollywood kicked in and believability
>> went way down.
>
> I agree - but I don't think this is very abundant in War Games. Maybe I just
> need to watch it again, I might have forgotten :-)

   It's funny that this thread should pop up on this list because
literally five minutes before reading it I had *exactly* the same
conversation with my workmate!  Slightly different outcome though.  I
always thought that War Games was quite believable.  And the other movie
that I found believable was Antitrust.  I am surprised that it hasn't
been mentioned in this thread - it's great if you are a Microsoft hater!

[Hitman/Code HQ - 6502/z80/68000/604e/80x86/ARM coder - Amiga rulez!]
[VZ-200/VIC-20/MZ-700/c16/c64*10/c128*8/Plus-4/CPC464/CD32/500*2    ]
[600/1000/1200*2/A4000/SNES/N64/Dreamcast/Athlon 1100/AmigaOne      ]
[Assembly Language: The most fun you can have with your clothes on! ]