[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: On2 vs libvp62

Rich Felker dalias
Sat Apr 22 00:40:36 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 07:23:04PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Well, popular implies that it's useful (for a software). Do you know
> many popular softwares that are not useful ?

YES, that's the whole fucking point!!

GNOME/KDE do nothing useful! For 90% or more of the people who use
them, they just use them because they're midled to believe they need
them. I know many such people. They hardly use the GNOME/KDE applets
or don't use them at all; they just use firefox, a mailer, a terminal,
xmms, mplayer, gimp, ...

The same goes for windows. Most windows users are running 50 different
random services supplied with the OS which do nothing but make their
computers insecure! Add spyware like Realplayer, itunes, etc. on top
of this of course and you begin to get the picture.

Rich