AW: AW: [Ffmpeg-devel] Is there any tutorial about RTP functions?

Wiese, Hendrik hendrik.wiese
Mon Apr 24 10:57:33 CEST 2006

> > > I just write some classes to grab frames from
> > > webcam and encode them. If i have an encode
> > > frame (in h261) how can i send over the net
> > > using rtp functions? It seems there's no explanations...
> >
> > > A. Fontana
> >
> > I'm sorry, but I can't answer your question.
> > I just write to force your request since I urgently need
> > these informations, too. Maybe somebody could answer
> > this question THIS time. Nearly every other question
> > I wrote here regarding RTP & H.26x remains unanswered...
> Maybe you are asking the wrong question in the wrong place ;-)
> (hint: try live555.com)
>
> Anyway, I cannot say anything about H.26x because I did not read the
> relevant RFCs, but last summer I posted on this mailing list some
> detailed instructions about how to stream MPEG4 video with ffmpeg.
> Search the mailing list archives, and you will be able to stream MPEG4
> video. Then read the RFCs, implement the needed pieces of code in
> libavformat/rtp.c, and you'll be able to stream H.26x.
>
> If/when I find some time, maybe I'll write a short tutorial about
> streaming with ffmpeg, and I'll submit it for inclusion in the
> documentation.

Perhaps one of you can tell at least me what I have to do to get real
RTP Payloads out of the data that is pushed into the rtp_callback
function,
ya know?!

Would be great!

Regards,