[Ffmpeg-devel] losing frame after a seek (not aproblem because thisframe isn't a key frame)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Apr 24 23:14:58 CEST 2006

Hi

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 03:04:18PM +0200, Munier Nicolas wrote:
> As I corrected my problem I post my solution if it can be helpful.
>
> In the Martin B?hme tutorial he advises to put a flag for truncated bitstream. It seems necessary for file as Mpeg (errors otherwise) but with mpeg4 like encoded avi it didn't work.
> My solution was to set this flag except for avi file. It works this way.
>
> But I don't know why it causes lose of frames to indicate that we can handle truncated bitstreams in a case where there the bitstream isn't truncated...

you should never set CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED, but instead use a AVParser
libavformat will do that automatically for you if you use it instead
of another demuxer

Michael