[Ffmpeg-devel] closed captioning bug?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Apr 25 08:31:53 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 01:26:19 -0400
Cyrus A <lists at rooseveltmedia.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help. After applying the patch, config.h did not include
> the VIDEO4LINUX2 line you thought it would.
Can you try to compile the following short C program

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <linux/videodev.h>
int dummy = V4L2_PIX_FMT_YUV420;
struct v4l2_buffer dummy1;

with "gcc -c <progname.c>" and tell me the error you get?
Also, send me (in private mail) the /usr/include/linux/videodev.h and videodev2.h headers.

> My dmesg output:
>
> bttv0: PLL can sleep, using XTAL (28636363).
> application ffmpeg uses obsolete OSS audio interface
> bttv0: SCERR @ 3f660014,bits: OFLOW FDSR SCERR*
Uhmm... This looks like a driver problem. I do not know what it means, but maybe you can ask on the video4linux mailing list. I've never seen it.

[...]
> p.s. For these version tests, which options should I use? --cpu=x86_64
> --cc=/usr/bin/gcc33  ???
I do not know about the --cpu option, and I suspect the gcc version is not important.

> Otherwise I have to try several combinations on
> each version which will take FOREVER. And all I'm doing is replacing
> ffmpeg.c each time.
I think that if the version that you are trying have a consistent avcodec.h/avformat.h interface you can simply change ffmpeg.c.

Anyway, I hope to be able to find why v4l2 is not detected in a short time... That would fix your problem, I hope.

			Luca