[Ffmpeg-devel] One fascinating read

Roman Shaposhnick rvs
Thu Apr 27 03:27:31 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 05:00:46PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Roman Shaposhnick wrote:
> >And to think some of us dared to call glibc bloated:
> >    http://udrepper.livejournal.com/7326.html
>
> 	Executive summary: Engineering is about making trade-offs. A single
> program can't be all things to all people.

  Not quite: the biggest impression I've got was that more and more
  engineering projects in FSF are being hijacked by the activists
  of the worst sort. Come on, I would understand his point had
  glib been a pinnacle of clean code to start with, but he has no
  right to blame others when it takes me 32 lines of code and 4 different
  macros to just declare a function inside a glibc. glibc is scary
  and rated "R" not because it has to support 1001+ platforms but
  because the guy clearly doesn't care about writing clean code.

Thanks,
Roman.