[Ffmpeg-devel] Google SoC: We're In!

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Apr 27 13:44:44 CEST 2006

Hi

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 09:02:14AM +0000, mkhodor7 at yahoo.com wrote:
[...]

> Complete RealAudio/RealVideo muxer

we do have a rm muxer, bugreports.html is your friend ...

[...]
> Make ffmpeg run better on GP2X and other handhelds

thats really a clear goal ...

> LGPL AC3 decoder

there are other things resources should be spend for, so iam against
this

> General cleanup of ADPCM encoding (ffmpeg claims to be able to encode
>  many formats it can't, and doesn't give useful error messages)

bugreports.html

> Find a way to make flv encoding more idiot-proof so people stop asking
>  why audio doesn't work when they forgot to include lame.

does google always pay 5k US$ for each task? or how was that??

> Frequently requested decoders (reverse engineering):
>
> WMV9/VC-1

no rev eng, just implement the spec, IMHO this could be split
somehow, maybe non-interlaced / interlaced

[...]

> Fix QDM2 so it doesn't sound weird

bugreports.html

> WMV2 J-frames