[Ffmpeg-devel] Google SoC: We're In!

Mike Melanson mike
Thu Apr 27 18:28:36 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> does google always pay 5k US$ for each task? or how was that??

	Students have to write up detailed proposals for the task they intend
to complete, including a number of milestones. Google evaluates their
applications. I can't remember exactly how, between Google and the
mentor, an application gets chosen. The student gets USD 0.5K up front.
They get another 2K for making it to the halfway point, based on mentor
feedback, and the final 2K comes at the end.

>>WMV9/VC-1
>

> no rev eng, just implement the spec, IMHO this could be split
> somehow, maybe non-interlaced / interlaced

	The first major milestone will be decoding a progressive intraframe,
then a progressive interframe. Then, if we can find encoded interlaced
samples (HD DVD?) perhaps we can worry about interlaced decoding.

--
	-Mike Melanson