[Ffmpeg-devel] Cant convert mpeg to ogg using theora video codec

Måns Rullgård mru
Thu Apr 27 23:06:33 CEST 2006

"Pranav Desai" <pranavdesai at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to convert a mpeg file to ogg using theora as the vcodec
> and vorbis as the acodec. It seems to only convert the audio. It just
> skips the video.
> If I specify the vcodec to be theora using the -vcodec option, it
> complains about unsupported codec. I have also tried it with vp3, but still
> the same result.
>
> Has anyone been successful in converting to ogg. Or am doing something
> completely wrong.

FFmpeg doesn't support muxing theora in ogg.  Since most of us rather
dislike both theora and ogg, it is unlikely that such support will be
implemented soon.  Patches will be accepted though (provided they are
of good quality).

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com