[Ffmpeg-devel] av_read_frame and EOF

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Fri Apr 28 13:58:00 CEST 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Steve Lhomme <slhomme at divxcorp.com> writes:
>
>> So my question is: is the demuxer supposed to return a different value
>> if there is a stream error or if there is no packet left ? Is there
>> any way to know in which case we are ?
>
> Does it matter why you can't read more frames?

Yes. It seems that in some cases av_read_frame reports an error but
there can be frames to read. Unfortunately I don't remember a test case.
That was the reason why there was a test on url_ferror() or url_feof()
in the code. That's also probably the reason why it is in ffplay too.

So maybe it's only the MOV demuxer that have this weird behaviour ? As
all other kind of files I have seem to work fine...

Steve