[Ffmpeg-devel] On2 Flix Engine uses memcoder in commerical Flix Engine

John Koleszar jkoleszar
Fri Apr 28 15:43:04 CEST 2006

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> John Koleszar wrote:
>> Rich Felker wrote:

>>> NUT is the best choice for this -- it's specifically designed with the
>>> goal of writing without seeking and never causing more buffering/delay
>>> than necessary. However...
>>>
>> The thing that amazes me is that nobody else set those as design goals
>> before. It just seems so fundamental to me. Dare you concede that ogg
>> got one thing right? :)
>
> I think you forgot another container that is already in use: matroska.
> BTW, MPEG TS can do that too, no ?

I didn't exactly forget it.. The whole binary xml thing is gross. I
admit to not considering the MPEG containers, though I still wouldn't
choose them if I were to do it over.

I chose ogg to KISS. The overhead wasn't too bad for the way I was using
it, and seeking wasn't an issue in my application.. I'd like to replace
it with something faster and with lower overhead, but it's not my top
priority right now.