[Ffmpeg-devel] On2 Flix Engine uses memcoder in commerical Flix Engine

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Apr 28 20:36:06 CEST 2006

Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Steve Lhomme said:

>>> I think you forgot another container that is already in use: matroska.
>> Matroska is overly complicated and bloated.
>
> What do you find complicated ?

Have you even read the spec?

> Given 3 developers wrote their own parser simply based on the one HTML
> page of specs.

One looooong HTML page.  I have read it and implemented a demuxer, so
I know what I'm talking about when I say it's complicated.

The complexity of a format is not directly related to the size of the
specification.  The MPEG PS and TS specs are fairly lengthy, but
implementing a demuxer is still simple.  This is because the formats
were designed with ease of parsing/demuxing in mind.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com