[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg-windows mailinglist?

Hervé W. H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg
Tue Aug 1 16:31:30 CEST 2006

On 01/08/06, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:

> >> FYI, I will not subscribe to such a list.
> >>

> > Neither will I, but I'm all for creating it.
> >
> > Diego

So nobody is going to subscribe to that list? Which effectively means
you'll be throwing away the work that already has gone into cygwin and
mingw support.
Patches from outside, to fix what the regular ffmpeg development
breaks, should presumably go to that new list? And with nobody there
to review them they just go to the archives to rot.

> such a list will also serve the purpose of /dev/null-ing windows whiners
> and keep ffmpeg-devel more on topic than it is currently

If you're suggesting that those "windows whiners" are subtracting from
time spent on regular ffmpeg development, I think you're exaggerating.
The "windows whiners" usually get ignored or told to switch to a real
operating system.

-V