[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] AltiVec optimizations, try 2

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Aug 2 10:24:23 CEST 2006

Kostya wrote:

> If it will take more than a couple of days than I commit (modified) version.
> Otherwise I can wait.

I think you can commit it, I'll convert the other stuff to use init
functions instead having externs+direct association later.

> Here is single .c file attached for review. Now it compiles with GCC 3.3

check if using #defines instead of const changes the performance, gcc-4
should be smart enough to inline the vec_splats/keep the values in the
registers, not sure for gcc3.

> Yes, but that will be future optimizations...

Let me test it a bit today if I don't say anything within the next 6
hours just commit it.

Thank you

lu

--