[Ffmpeg-devel] enabling WMV3 decoder

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Wed Aug 2 22:04:58 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 18:23:20 +0200
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> Mike is enabling the WMV3 decoder for xine and reports that it is
> working great for his private samples collection.  So even though some
> of the samples in the official samples collection still cause problems
> it may be time enable WMV3 decoding within FFmpeg.
>
> I vote for enabling.  Kostya, what do you think?

Agree. It is already very useful and should be enabled.

Still, I have a sample which shows small artifact. It seems that sharp
regions gets a little bit blured. This is almost not visible until the
next I frame appears. At this point the discontinuity is clearly visible.

The sample is called Amazon_720.wmv and the artifact is very visible
in the scene starting at 00:01:00. I can upload this 80MB sample to
mphq if it's not too big (?) or make it available on line to you
privately if needed.

Aurel