[Ffmpeg-devel] Patch to add header info to flv format

Chris Dolan chris
Sat Aug 5 21:06:50 CEST 2006

On Aug 5, 2006, at 8:09 AM, Adam McCann wrote:

> I find the whole issue of auto inserting metadata into FLV files
> frustrating, as there must have been a reliable method before
> ffmpeg or mplayer.  Currently alternatives are either not for Unix
> or are unreliable (and/or not command line driven), but YouTube and
> many other sites must have found another solution because they work
> just fine.

A couple weeks ago I released a Perl library called FLV::Info which
includes rich FLV metadata injection.

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/FLV-Info/

Here's a minimal implementation that should solve your problem:

   #!/usr/bin/perl -w
   use strict;
   use FLV::File;

   my $infile = shift || die 'Please provide an input FLV filename';
   my $flv = FLV::File->new();
   $flv->parse($infile);
   $flv->populate_meta();
   $flv->set_meta(creationdate => scalar gmtime);
   $flv->serialize(\*STDOUT);

To check the results, use the included "flvinfo" utility.  If there's
additional metadata that you need (like an array of keyframe times)
I'd love to receive a patch.  :-)  This library can also create SWF
or MP3 files from FLV files.

Chris

--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, http://www.chrisdolan.net/