[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug reporting

Matti Hamalainen mhamalai
Sat Aug 5 21:18:43 CEST 2006

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:31:29PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > if someone wants to setup a sane bugtracker, ive no problem using that
> > but i will not touch bugzilla ...
> > maybe trac is ok, it definitly looks nice, can it forward all changes
> > to a mailinglist? its some timeago since i last looked at it and i
> > cant remember what the problem with it was?
>
> Also, it is easier to report bugs here than elsewhere (I'm in the middle
> of putting together my first bug report, and I wouldn't bother if I had
> to use bugzilla).

I have to agree that bugzilla is absolutely horrible to use (especially
to search for reports), and I cannot  understand why so many projects
favour it. Also the bugzilla's insistence on registering is annoying,
IMHO anonymous and otherwise non-registered users should be able to
send reports too, although I do understand the issues with that too...

--
] ccr/TNSP^DKD^pWp :: ccr(at)tnsp(dot)org :: http://ccr.tnsp.org/
] Fingerprint: 0466 95ED 96DF 3701 C71D   D62D 10A6 28A6 1374 C112