[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] make patch

Benjamin Larsson banan
Tue Aug 8 11:18:44 CEST 2006

I've been thinking about this from time to time and I'm wondering if it
would be useful. Ie a script or make patch directive that will create a
patch with all the relevant info in it. Like that the regressions test
passed, type of patch (feature addition/bug fix/cosmetics), obfuscated
email, author name, patch meaning etc. The intent of this is that it
should be more easy for people to send in correct looking patches and
less work for the maintainers the review and apply the patches.

So what do you think ? Would it be worth having something like this and
if so how should it be implemented ?

MvH
Benjamin Larsson