[Ffmpeg-devel] Mac OS X Intel last part: balign directives

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Aug 11 16:02:31 CEST 2006

Hi John,

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 22:51 +1000, John Dalgliesh wrote:
[...]
> >> Oh and I have left the commented-out .baligns in libswscale alone... not
> >> sure how being in an external repo complicates things, and, well they are
> >> commented out already.
> > Well, libswscale uses ASMALIGN16 (defined in the mplayer's asmalign.h
> > file). If I understand well, this should be converted in ASMALIGN(16),
> > but this would break mplayer...
>
> Actually it should be converted to ASMALIGN(4) (assuming it came from
> .balign 16), check out my note quoted above for why.
Yes, I realized that during the lunch break, when I had the occasion to
really look at the code ;-)

> > I'll see if adding a "#define ASMALIGN16 ASMALIGN(16)" somewhere in
> > ffmpeg's tree fixes the problem.
>
> Hmm, so how does this code compile right now? I can't find the definition
> anywhere after a normal ffmpeg svn update.
Currently, to compile libswscale you have to manually copy 2 files
(asmalign.h and img_format.h) from the mplayer repository. This is a
temporary thing, and I hope to address it soon.

> In any case I can see that '#define ASMALIGN16 ASMALIGN(4)' is never going
> to get committed
Well, I was hoping to use it as a temporary solution, until mplayer and
ffmpeg "agree" on a common macro

BTW, I tried such solution, and the generated swscale .o files are
identical to the original.

			Thanks,
				Luca