[Ffmpeg-devel] Error in configure script on MinGW+MSys

ujangpri ujangpri
Fri Aug 11 05:23:22 CEST 2006

Hi, I tried to compile ffmpeg using the latest SVN
trunk (August 10, 2006) using MingGW+MSys on WinXP
Pro. I believe I found a bug that prevent it from
compiling.

The first problem, MSys complain about missing "exec
bash". Then I comment several lines from "configure"
script.

# make sure we are running under a compatible shell
# unset foo
# (: ${foo%%bar}) 2>/dev/null && ! (: ${foo?})
2>/dev/null
# if test "$?" != 0; then
#     if test "x$FFMPEG_CONFIGURE_EXEC" = x; then
#         FFMPEG_CONFIGURE_EXEC=1
#         export FFMPEG_CONFIGURE_EXEC
#         exec bash "$0" "$@"
#         exec ksh "$0" "$@"
#         exec /usr/xpg4/bin/sh "$0" "$@"
#     fi
#     echo "No compatible shell script interpreter
found."
#     exit 1
# fi

After that I rerun "configure" and then debug dialog
appears (the window which usually appears when an
application crash). I attach the "config.err". It
complains about ".def" file.

I compiled previous CVS version of ffmpeg using same
configuration without problem.

Regards,
-mPri-