[Ffmpeg-devel] configure script broken with dash as sh

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Tue Aug 15 01:14:13 CEST 2006

matthieu castet wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 11:56:26PM +0200, matthieu castet wrote:
>>
>>> if dash is used as sh instead of bash, the configure script put in
>>> config.h
>>>
>>> #define ASMALIGN(ZEROBITS) ".align 1<<" #ZEROBITS "
>>>     "
>>> instead of :
>>> #define ASMALIGN(ZEROBITS) ".align 1<<" #ZEROBITS "\n\t"
>>>
>>> A solution could be to use printf. IRRC, it was done in glibc for a
>>> similar problem.
>>

>> Sounds like dash is broken to me.
>
> posh does the same as dash.
>
>> Tried sending a bug report?
>>
> Not yet, but I bet it as something to do with some obscure POSIX rules.
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/echo.html

A string to be written to standard output. If the first operand is -n,
or if any of the operands contain a *backslash* ( '\' ) character, the
results are *implementation-defined*.

Matthieu