[Ffmpeg-devel] Porting to symbian, possible ??

Henrik Antonsson henrik.antonsson
Tue Aug 15 08:53:31 CEST 2006

Thanks very much for your answer Colin, just the answer I hoped for.

I have tried to use the MMF to solve my problem but it does not work with
streaming, it can only download the whole file before it can start playback.
Maybe it would work if I wrote some sink/source plugins and a controller to
use the built-in H.263 codec, but I don't have very much information about
that so I thought porting the H.263 codec from libavcodec and display it
with direct screen access would be a better idea. Unless I could get my
hands on a Symbian DevKit which would give me tighter access to the decoder
and encoder. I guess I am thinking of writing my own independent player so I
would be very glad to know about the pitfalls with doing this.

I don't need the complete libavcodec so hopefully the executable size could
be kept relatively small and about the speed issue I only need to encode or
decode the video. So maybe this would work..

thanks again for your answer

/Henrik