[Ffmpeg-devel] Windows Help Wiki

Ramiro Polla ramiro86
Fri Aug 18 05:23:44 CEST 2006

Hello,

I now host the guide at http://arrozcru.no-ip.org/ffmpeg/ . Could the
link in the documentation be changed, please?

It provides an exhaustive guide in Wiki format. I try to leave no room
for errors, and I don't assume the user knows anything.
I ask for help from all the Windows users and Windows user helpers in
this list to fix the guide, or give their share of knowledge. Any
registered user can edit, and anyone can register. There are also some
parts where I might have tried to give an FFmpeg developer's point of
view, and I might have been incorrect. Please change them for the
official point of view.

There is also a flame-free forum, which will be (partly) substituted by
the ffmpeg-windows mailinglist once it's created.

I also provide unofficial win32 builds. The builds provide ffmpeg.exe,
ffplay.exe, SDL.dll and README-SDL, dlls and libs and includes for the
shared packages, the documentation, COPYING and README. A GPL'd release
includes xvidcore and mp3lame (I plan to add more libraries), with the
appropriae GPL COPYING file. Am I missing anything for providing a nice
unofficial release (that's not against any license)? Do I have to add
every library's readme file, or just the gpl license is enough?

Thanks,
Ramiro Polla