[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale and regression tests

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Aug 18 09:35:19 CEST 2006

Hi

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 09:17:38AM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer skrev:
> >Hi
> >
> >[...]
> >* always use swscale but disable the optimized scalers if CONFIG_GPL is not
> >  set
> >
> IIRC you said you would LGPL one of the optimized scalers after the port
> of swscale, are you still going to do that ?

IIRC (please correct me if iam wrong, i didnt search the mailinglists) i said
that ill LGPL the optimized code which is equivalent to whatever optimized
code was in ffmpeg, now ffmpeg does contain some optimized planar scaler but
it seems to be disabled so iam not sure what i should do?
the intent behind the LGPLing of sws code was just to prevent any feature
loss or speed loss, of the LGPL version of ffmpeg

and the second thing i said was that if arpi returns to mplayer development
and then still needs and wants swscaler under LGPL then ill LGPL the whole
all just IIRC of course, i could have mixed up some detail ...