[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale recently broke (in mplayer)

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Aug 18 12:15:28 CEST 2006

Hi Diego,

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 11:53 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 08:51:13AM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> > 
> > while trying to check if some of my patches break swscale in mplayer, I
> > noticed that it already has problems compiling. It seems that the last
> > commit to libswscale/Makefile created build problems.
> What problems exactly?  It compiles fine for me on PPC, did I break x86?
I did not post the error because I was under the impression that it
happened for everyone, but I must have missed something. Anyway, here it
cc -c -I. -I.. -I../libvo -I../../libvo -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-PIC -O4 -march=prescott -mtune=prescott -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include -I/usr/src/DVB/ost/include  -I/usr/include/dxr2 -I/usr/local/include/cdda -I/usr/include/freetype2 -o getch2.o getch2.c
ar r libosdep.a shmem.o strsep.o strl.o vsscanf.o scandir.o gettimeofday.o fseeko.o swab.o setenv.o timer-lx.o getch2.o
ar: creating libosdep.a
true libosdep.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/mplayer/osdep'
make -C libswscale LIBPREF=lib LIBSUF=.a
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/mplayer/libswscale'
cc -I.. -I.. -I../libavutil -I../libvo -I../../libvo -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-PIC -O4 -march=prescott -mtune=prescott -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include -I/usr/src/DVB/ost/include  -I/usr/include/dxr2 -I/usr/local/include/cdda -I/usr/include/freetype2 -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE  -c -o swscale.o swscale.c
swscale.c:219: error: 'IMGFMT_422P' undeclared here (not in a function)

The problem is that now "-I.." comes before "-I../libvo", so
mplayer/img_format.h is included (mplayer/libvo/img_format.h used to be
included). And that file seems to be out of synch with the other (last
update is 4 years ago, and it misses a lot of imgage formats ---> for
example, IMGFMT_422P).
> > My first idea was to commit a copy of libmpcodecs/img_format.h in
> > libswscale (this fixes the problem), but then I realized that the real
> > problem is mplayer/img_format.*. Those files seem to be out of synch
> > with the rest of the tree (and until recently they were not used).
> > Removing them permits to build mplayer again.
> IMO MPlayer should be switched to FFmpeg format names, IIRC that was a
> way of fixing the problem.
Yes, I was only talking about a "short term solution", since a fresh svn
checkout does not build (here, at least... Since I see that you are not
seeing that problem, I am beginning to wonder if it is a problem in my

Copy this in your signature, if you think it is important:
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list