[Ffmpeg-devel] Windows Help Wiki

Ramiro Polla ramiro86
Sat Aug 19 00:05:34 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
>You have to provide sources along with your binaries.  To be on the safe
>side I'd include a README (or similar) file that states all licensing
>information, possibly along with the license texts.
I make no changes to the source code. Is it ok to just point to
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html and say what revision number I

I'll make a README that includes a short description like this:
This is an *unofficial* FFmpeg Win32 build.

The source code it was built with can be downloaded from:
The revision number is: <revision>
The license is: <license>
This file was originally hosted at: http://arrozcru.no-ip.org/ffmpeg_builds/

If you experience any problems with this build, report them to
Then I'll either concatenate the README files from FFmpeg, SDL, and
every library, or just include them in the tarball as README-<name>.
I'll keep including COPYING as the LGPL for a normal build, and as the
GPL when required.
Is this ok?

Ramiro Polla