[Ffmpeg-devel] Windows Help Wiki

Ramiro Polla ramiro86
Sat Aug 19 00:05:34 CEST 2006

Hello,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
>You have to provide sources along with your binaries.  To be on the safe
>side I'd include a README (or similar) file that states all licensing
>information, possibly along with the license texts.

I make no changes to the source code. Is it ok to just point to
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html and say what revision number I
used?

I'll make a README that includes a short description like this:
---
This is an *unofficial* FFmpeg Win32 build.

The source code it was built with can be downloaded from:
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html
The revision number is: <revision>
The license is: <license>
This file was originally hosted at: http://arrozcru.no-ip.org/ffmpeg_builds/

If you experience any problems with this build, report them to
http://arrozcru.no-ip.org/ffmpeg_forum/
---
Then I'll either concatenate the README files from FFmpeg, SDL, and
every library, or just include them in the tarball as README-<name>.
I'll keep including COPYING as the LGPL for a normal build, and as the
GPL when required.
Is this ok?

Thanks,
Ramiro Polla