[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg + X264 questions

David Shirley tephra
Sat Aug 19 17:22:09 CEST 2006

Thanks Herv?,

-threads 2 gave a little boost in performance - thanks (I didn't see
this option in the man page :()

in regards to interlacing I don't want to change P->I or I->P, I just
want to keep the original settings.

As I understand it x264 does support interlacing in its encoder but
ffmpeg either doesn't pass on the interlaced option or doesn't know
how to.

Also I have posted a x264 Q to the users list before but I didn't get
any response - i feel im on the bleeding edge here so i thought dev's
might have more insight :)

Thanks again.

Dave