[Ffmpeg-devel] New pixel formats

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Aug 20 11:32:32 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I finally managed to build a version of swscale that does not need
img_format.h. To do this, I needed to define the following new pixel
formats in libavutil:
    PIX_FMT_RGB32,
    PIX_FMT_RGB8,
    PIX_FMT_RGB4,
    PIX_FMT_BGR32,
    PIX_FMT_BGR16,
    PIX_FMT_BGR15,
    PIX_FMT_BGR8,
    PIX_FMT_BGR4,
    PIX_FMT_RG4B,
    PIX_FMT_BG4B,
    PIX_FMT_YUYV422,
    PIX_FMT_NV12,
    PIX_FMT_NV21,
    PIX_FMT_BGRA32,
    PIX_FMT_ABGR32,
    PIX_FMT_ARGB32,

I did not define PIX_FMT_RGB1 (and BGR1) because I considered them
equivalent to PIX_FMT_MONOBLACK.

I do not know if defining those new formats is ok (in particular, I am
not sure about the RGBA/BGRA/ABGR/ARGB formats... Maybe they shold be
defined equivalent to RGB32 or similar depending on the system
endianess?).

Anyway, if it's ok I'll send a patch for libavutil implementing them.

			Thanks,
				Luca