[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Raw h261 broken

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Aug 21 10:53:00 CEST 2006

Hi

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 01:56:22AM +0200, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Hi

>>> lotr.mov plays correctly in QT 7.0.0 and 7.1.2 on Mac OS X.  I found a
>>> H.261 decoder in the QT DLLs with the help of Compn on IRC that worked
>>> flawlessly on x86 Linux with MPlayer's native demuxer, but it fails with
>>> libavformat.  So lotr.mov should be a valid file, but the libavformat
>>> MOV demuxer is still buggy about it.
>> Yes. Qt binary codecs with lavf demuxer wont work in mplayer since
>> vd_qtvideo.c passes whole 'stsd' atom to codec. demuxer_mov.c stores
>> whole 'stsd' atom in ImageDesc which is passed to qt codec.
>
> libmpdemux/demux_lavf should initalize everything so binary codecs work
> if it does not its buggy

Well, it should be possible. However, whole 'stsd' atom is not read by
mov demuxer atm. There are 2 solutions, either store whole atom in
extradata, or reconstruct atom in demux_lavf, based on field values, but
that would need some changes since not every field is read.

> [...]

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312