[Ffmpeg-devel] ADI Blackfin port and optimization

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Aug 23 02:14:51 CEST 2006

Michael Benjamin wrote:
> I've written some code to optimize 8x8 SAD on the Blackfin processor from
> Analog Devices. I attached a patch that uses the
> SAA (Quad 8-Bit Subtract-Absolute-Accumulate) instruction.

this part is mostly ok (see Michael Niedermayer comments)

> Also, since no Blackfin port was available, the patch also adds support for

Make it a separate patch

> The inline assembly for sad8x8_bfin is simple and sort of
> crude, but more and better will follow. I just wanted to start the
> conversation for Blackfin optimizations.

I'd first send the patches for general arch support, then the ones for
dsputils optimizations

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC