[Ffmpeg-devel] How to compile ffmpeg as a shared library and install the headers?

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sat Dec 2 21:55:45 CET 2006

Hi

Mike Melanson wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> writes:

>>> Not presently possible. FFmpeg has no stable API or formal release
>>> schedule.
>>
>> Don't tell lies.  Building shared versions of the ffmpeg libraries is
>> well supported.  The API/ABI does change from time to time, but we do
>> make an effort to keep it stable when doing so does not impair
>> performance or functionality.
>
> But we don't warrant that the API/ABI will not change. So there.

What library does guarantee that API/ABI won't ever change ?

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312