[Ffmpeg-devel] I'm giving up

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Wed Dec 6 10:19:08 CET 2006

Hi Andy,

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 08:49 +0000, Andy Parkins wrote:
>[...]
> I have to say the combination of git locally and svn remotely is surprisingly
> convenient; being able to keep my changes as a series of patches that don't
> interfere with upstream is really useful.
>
> Of course this doesn't fix your wider testing problem; but then nothing
> but "wider testing" will solve that :-)
>
> Here is not the place for a more detailed guide; but if you would like help in
> setting a system like this up, I'd be happy to help you via private email.

I am actually using git, although I am using the older git-svnimport
script. I noticed the newer git-svn, but hadn't taken the time yet to
figure out how it works. I noticed it can do a lot more then purely
incrementally importing from an svn tree. I should definitely have a
look at it. Thanks for your encouragement! :)

Of course, even with the best version control system (being GIT of
course ;) [*]) won't fix conflicts for you :)

With friendly regards,
Takis

* To A.J.: Or Mercurial
--