[Ffmpeg-devel] sse sigsegv and libavcodec/wmadec.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Dec 6 14:33:47 CET 2006

Hi

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 10:40:53PM +0100, Franz Bakan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> wmadec.c line 720 and 1110 :
>  DECLARE_ALIGNED_16()
> does not work for stack-variables inside functions.
> (at least not for GCC 331 on OS/2) but IIRC this is a
> cross-platform-restriction.
> If I move the two declarations to the top of the file
> I get rid of these nasty SIGSEGVs on my PIII computer.
>
> Please patch

patch rejected not thread safe

furthermore if the compiler cannot gurantee the specfied alignment then it
has to fail hard not randomly provide less alignemnt, this is a compiler bug
(= generates invalid code)

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali