[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] another attempt at memalign realloc

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Wed Dec 6 17:43:33 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 17:34 +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> I came up with the attached idea, but it seems so simple that I can't
> get rid of the feeling there is yet another problem with that (except
> that the performance might be really bad), otherwise somebody should
> have had that same idea during all this wild hacking around on it *g*.
> Well, please help me and have a very close look at it and say what you
> think.

+    memove(ptr, ptr2, size);

Well there's one obvious problem :)

More seriously, how do you intend to free buffers allocated this way?
You could reserve extra space in the allocated area to keep information
to do that, but then the freeing procedure would be incompatible with
freeing standard-allocation memory blocks.