[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Wed Dec 6 18:09:12 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Steve Lhomme said:
>> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

>>> I told you to steer clear of that thing.
>> Also note that this problem is due to the recent changes (improvements
>> ???) to the configure script that consider that everything is available
>> for every platform by default.
>
> It does nothing of the kind.  The configure script *checks* what is available,
> and uses only the things that are found.  Moreover, use of most external libs
> must be explicitly requested, and only then will they be checked for.  Do not
> speak in matters of which you do not know.

I just checked the official SVN and this behaviour has changed (again)
since there is much more code to handle the enabling/disabling of
decoders (and others). You probably never looked at the configure script
we are talking about (based on some older FFMPEG SVN). So check yourself
before pointing fingers around.

Now you can probably enlighten me on how a codec is not enabled by
default if allcodecs.c contains a line like this:

REGISTER_DECODER(MP3SURROUND, mp3surround);
(again, a line we don't have since we use an older FFMPEG SVN base)

Steve