[Ffmpeg-devel] BUG: Unable to compile ffmpeg from svn

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Dec 7 00:36:01 CET 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 12:05:49AM +0100, Rikard Bosnjakovic wrote:
> On 12/6/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>
> >As you failed to provide any information, I asked my cristal ball
> >instead, this was the result.
>
> It was the only information I got. The error message was "This
> configure script requires a POSIX compatible shell such as bash or
> ksh.". No word about versions.
>
> I run bash, which I quoted in the OP, so the only one to blame for
> non-existant information is the configure-script.

No, you are expected to provide minimal information in bug reports.
Minimal information includes your OS and OS version as well as the
version of related software.  Since you were having trouble with bash,
including the bash version is required as well.  It's not the job of the
configure script to provide all of this information.  Its job is to
configure FFmpeg, not debug your environment.

Diego