[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] ZMBV encoder

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Thu Dec 7 05:35:33 CET 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 06:32:50PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> > And maybe we should get a
> > native zlib implementation ?
>
> yes if its nice, clean simple and small (<=300 lines of code)

http://vagsoft.chat.ru/files/SCIResDump12.zip
has GPLed sources with inflate() equivalent. Decoder takes 180 lines,
about 40 lines is header and about the same volume is bit reader.
Anyway, that's mostly reading VLCs and updating buffer.

If nobody wants I can do simple Deflate decompressor on weekend.
Compressor is quite more complex (think as motion estimation vs. motion compensation,
that is almost the same thing)