[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] another attempt at memalign realloc

Hervé W. H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg
Thu Dec 7 21:25:13 CET 2006

On 07/12/06, M?ns Rullg?rd <mru at inprovide.com> wrote:
> "Herv? W." <H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 07/12/06, Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Certainly not! Then we would have no way back if the malloc fails, which
> >> conflicts with how realloc is supposed to behave, that's exactly the
> >> point.
> >
> > When would malloc fail? no large enough block of available memory,...
> > any more conditions? no? That should be pretty rare. Does any of
>
> Never worked with embedded systems, have you?

That's true and I realise that an embedded system could be expected to
run out of memory more frequently (given the same multimedia files).
However, my question remains. Does ffmpeg and its various libs try to
use the data after running out of memory?

-V