MPEG seek crash (was: [Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler)

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Fri Dec 8 14:05:34 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/8/06, Steve Lhomme <slhomme at divxcorp.com> wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> >> the above should rather set incr like it did and then muliply that by
> >> AVFormatContext.bit_rate, if not zero if 0 then some default
> >
> > (about the patch named ffplay-seek_by_bytes.patch)
> >
> > So Steve, please resend your patch as an attachment with Michael's
> > comments addressed and I'll commit it.
>
> The patch has been applied in SVN after the required fix.
> I'll try again later today to reproduce the bug with the current SVN.

Woops, sorry, I thought the patch was the crash fix, while looking at
it once again, I do see it was the patch to add byte seek support.
My bad.
Anyway, I hope this thread summary will jump start getting your fix in svn.

BTW, I'd like to underline that _I_ value your contributions that help
improving FFmpeg, even though their first draft may not satisfy
ffmpeg's coding standards.

Then off course, the more of your code gets merged into mainline, the
easier is your job of keeping your own fork, so.... ;-)

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations