[Ffmpeg-devel] BUG: Unable to compile ffmpeg from svn

Víctor Paesa wzrlpy
Fri Dec 8 14:28:24 CET 2006

Hi,
> Rikard Bosnjakovic wrote:
>
>> On 12/7/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> (In case it wasn't clear: I think a message like this is a good
>>> idea.)
>>
>> Yes, provided that people read it.
>>
>> The problem is people usually don't read.
>
> But then, we would be licensed to flame them to death and back in a
> clear conscience, since it's their own damn fault for not reading the
> output. Which, IMO, is still an improvement. <grin>

I do believe doc's are good: some (small) percentage of people read docs
by their own initiative, and some others read docs after being reminded
they exist. And tipically they read a bit more docs than they need to
solve their innmediate problem, so they may become "teachers" for other
users.
It is an slow, but positive and accumulative effect.

And if docs exists, a flame plus an URL to the docs gives more benefits
than just a flame.

Regards,
V?ctor