[Ffmpeg-devel] Convert issue with RGB565, again

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sat Dec 9 14:03:48 CET 2006

Yannick B?temps a ?crit :
> Hi
>> Yannick Betemps wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> I followed with great interest the discussion "Convert failure with
> RGB565".
>>> It end on nov 10th, by a modification of the raw.c source file.
>>> Unfortunatelly it seems I still encounter the same problem.
>>> I checked out the latest version from svn and ran an conversion from
>>> Camstudio compressed AVI to FLV, and from AVI to MPG, same problem :
> video
>>> has ugly colors.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Input is RGB565 and output is yuv420p
>>> I tried changing the raw.c back to it's pre-nov 10th state, no change.
>>> Ffplay outputs the avi file with bad colors too. I checked it on Windows
>>> with a build made with a nov 24th extract.
>>>
>> It seems pix fmt is RGB555, you can change it in libavcodec/cscd.c, your
>> file basically camstudio codec, and not rawvideo, that's why changing
>> raw.c has no effect.
>
> I worked ! Thanks a lot, it fixed the problem.
> Cscd.c : Line 223 : Changing "PIX_FMT_RGB565" for "PIX_FMT_RGB555"
> However assuming the PIX_FMT_RGB565 was there on purpose, would applying the
> patch to the svn have side effects ? Can this modification work in my
> specific case but finally cause trouble in other cases ?

Reimar I see you are maintainer of cscd.c. Is there a reason or any
sample that does not work with setting 16 bps to PIX_FMT_RGB555 ? Or the
code was just assuming that it was 565 ?

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no